Device Finder Safety / Security
- Operate locks on doors
- See who’s at the door
- View outside or inside the property remotely
- Detect hazards (smoke, fire, carbon monoxide)
- Detect intruders
- Know when a door or window is opened or closed
Many smart devices can help with safety and security. Here are some examples.
Smart speakers and displaysÂ make it possible to:
- Monitor your home by listening for sounds and looking for movement.
- Make hands-free calls to family, friends, caregivers, and emergency helplines.
- Receive alerts about potential emergencies (for example, the sound of glass breaking).
- Deter intruders by triggering smart lighting and other smart devices as if someone is home.
- Monitor inside and outside your home for sound and movement.
- Receive notifications if movement, humans, or packages are detected.
- Communicate remotely to possible intruders or people performing unwanted activities.
- Allow other services to remote monitor your property for you.
Smart door locks make it possible to:
- Receive notifications when your door is unlocked and by whom.
- Auto-lock the door at specific times.
- Unlock the door by voice or remotely if needed in an emergency.
- Provide others a way to unlock the door for assistance if needed.
Smart lighting makes it possible to:
- Set lights to turn on when movement is detected, helping you to avoid injury from a fall (for example, in a hallway at night).
- Remotely control or automate turning lights on and off to simulate that someone is home when you are away.
Smart security systems make it possible to:
- Monitor your home for sounds and movement when you’re away.
- Make hands-free calls to:
- Your emergency contacts (family, neighbors, caregivers)
- Emergency helplines
- Emergency 911 services
- Receive alerts about potential emergencies at your home.
- Sound alarms in the case of an emergency.
Smart sensors make it possible to:
- Know the current state of things in your house and receive alerts about:
- Doors opening
- Glass breaking
- Water leaks
- Hazards such as smoke, fire, or carbon monoxide
- Provide this information to professional monitoring companies, family, caregivers, or support services for help in case of emergency.
Devices That Can Help
Learn more about each of these devices using the pages below.
Josh uses a smart security system and smart speakers and displays to live independently with safety and security.Read More About Josh's Smart Home
Kelvin uses a smart speaker to make phone calls, listen to podcasts, and check the time and weather.Read More About Kelvin's Smart Home