Device Finder Controlling the Environment
- Turn on and off your lights
- Turn on and off your fan
- Make coffee
- Adjust the thermostat
- Open and close interior and exterior doors
- Open and close window blinds
- Turn on and off some devices and appliances that plug into power outlets
Many smart devices can help with controlling the environment. Here are some examples.
Smart speakers and displays make it possible to use your voice to:
- Connect with and control other smart devices using voice or touch screen.
- Turn on and off bulbs, switches, plugs, thermostats, blinds, sprinklers, and other household devices.
- Completely control TVs and other media streaming devices.
- Lock and unlock doors.
Smart door locks make it possible to:
- Remotely lock and unlock doors.
- Receive notifications on lock status.
- Remotely create and remove unique virtual keys to be used by family members, friends, assistants, caregivers, or others providing services.
Smart lighting makes it possible to:
- Control and receive information regarding lighting using voice, smartphones and tablets, and other services.
Smart sensors make it possible to know the current state of things in your house including:
- Doors opening
- Glass breaking
- Water leaks
- Hazards such as smoke, fire, or carbon monoxide
Smart plugs and outlets make it possible to turn power on and off for plugged in devices such as:
- Holiday lights
Smart thermostats make it possible to:
- Remotely control your thermostat.
- Save energy and cost with learning thermostats that learn your habits and adjust settings automatically.
Smart TVs and media streaming devices make it possible to:
- Control your TV and other media devices using your voice or smart devices other than a TV remote control.
- Stream video and other media.
- View livestreams from smart cameras and smart doorbells.
Smart window blinds make it possible to:
- Control blind positioning and angle using your voice.
- Remotely control blinds via smartphone, tablet, or other services.
Devices That Can Help
Learn more about each of these devices using the pages below.
Chrissy and David use a smart display, smart speakers, and tablets to find and follow healthy recipes, listen to music, and set reminders.Read More About Chrissy and David's Smart Home