Device Finder Communication
- Make calls (voice and/or video)
- Send messages (voice and/or text)
- Communicate between rooms
- Make announcements throughout your home
Many smart devices can help with communication. Here are some examples.
Smart speakers and displays make it possible to use your voice to:
- Make phone calls anywhere in the U.S. for free.
- Make video calls (with a display) using Alexa calling, Skype, Zoom, and other services.
- Speak with people in other rooms (like an intercom) or make announcements via devices throughout the home.
- Contact emergency and support services.
Smart cameras (including those on smart displays) make it possible to:
- Receive remote support and check-ins from family and caregivers from a distance in areas of the home you approve.
- Hold a conversation using a two-way camera with the person on screen.
Smart doorbells make it possible to:
- Remotely see and speak with a visitor outside your door via the app on your smartphone or tablet, or smart speaker display.
Smart wearables such as watches and emergency alert systems make it possible to:
- Call a family member, caregiver, or emergency service for help.
Devices That Can Help
Learn more about each of these devices using the pages below.
Josh uses a smart security system and smart speakers and displays to live independently with safety and security.Read More About Josh's Smart Home
Kelvin uses a smart speaker to make phone calls, listen to podcasts, and check the time and weather.Read More About Kelvin's Smart Home