Wednesday, June 2, 2021
12:00 – 12:45 p.m.
PleaseÂ contact usÂ if you have any difficulty accessing these materials or to request materials in a different format.
Description: This presentation will answer questions related to privacy and security with smart speakers such as Amazon Alexa and Google Nest.
Attendees will learn:
- How smart speakers work;
- How their security compares to other everyday devices like cell phones;
- How smart speakers “listen” and “understand”;
- What information speakers retain; and
- How you can protect yourself.
- Kirby Smith, President and Founder of SunKirb Ideas and Consultant for Smart Homes Made Simple
This webinar is hosted by Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF) as part of the Smart Homes Made Simple project. Learn more about the project at SmartHomesMadeSimple.org.
This project is supported by a grant from the Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council; in part by grant number 1901PASCDD-02 from the U.S. Administration for Community Living (ACL), Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201. Grantees undertaking projects with government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official ACL policy.